DALTON — • Gospel Light Tabernacle at 804 Sheridan Ave. in Dalton welcomes Greg Garner to its Sunday evening service. He will preach in the 6 p.m. service. Service times are Sunday school at 10:30 a.m., morning worship at 11 and evening worship at 6.
• There is gospel singing at 19 Melissa Court in Chatsworth starting at 7 p.m. every Friday. Everyone is welcome. For more information, call (706) 271-2537.
• Greater St. James Overcoming Church of God celebrates its 82nd homecoming on Sunday at 2 p.m. Special guests are Stephen Thomas and Community Fellowship Church. Dinner will be served after the morning service. The revival is Tuesday through Thursday with the Rev. James Washington Jr., pastor of Friendship Baptist Church in Calhoun. Services begin nightly at 7. Everyone is invited.
• The Covenants will sing at Harmony Baptist Church on Lower Dawnville Road in Dalton on Sunday at 11 a.m. Pastor Billy Willis welcomes everybody.
• On Sunday, Aug. 18, Hopewell Baptist Church, on Airport Road, will celebrate Family and Friends Day. The 11 a.m. speaker will be Brother Greg Ludy, and the 3 p.m. guests will be Pastor Gerald Guinn and the Love Fellowship Church family of Chattanooga. Pastor Windell Smith invites everyone to a fellowship meal after the morning worship service.
• There will be homecoming services at Little Prospect Baptist Church on Sunday. There will be no Sunday school and services will start at 10:30 a.m. The Wilson Family singers will perform and lunch will follow in the fellowship hall. The church is on Highway 2, east of Prater’s Mill in Whitfield County. Pastor Johnny Payne invites everyone.
• The public is invited to join members and friends of Mount Vernon United Methodist Church on Saturday, Aug. 24, for an evening of dinner and gospel music. Dinner will be served beginning at 5:30, with gospel music at 7. Tickets are $10 each for adults; $5 for children. The menu is grilled chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, salad and dessert (carryouts available). Gospel music is provided by three groups: Bond Servants, Four By Grace and The Hullenders. Proceeds will be used to cover expenses for the church’s Christmas program, “A Walk Through Bethlehem.” The evening of dinner and gospel music is a family event. Nursery provided. Tickets are available at the church during regular office hours. For more information, call (706) 673-4666.