• Northwest’s Chad Flan-ders shot a 6-over-par 78 to earn all-tournament honors and lead the Bruins to a sixth-place finish in the MCI Invi-tational at Maple Ridge Golf Club in Columbus.
Flanders was also sixth, the cutoff for the all-tourney lineup.
“He had a great day,” Northwest coach Jim Mc-Grew said. “The weather was not good and it was really tough conditions and a tough course. To shoot what he did was a great job.”
The Bruins’ team score of 344 was compiled with additional scoring rounds from Sam Speights (85), Silas Led-ford (87) and Ethan Hayes (94). Brookstone (318) won the tournament with James Clark (71) the medalist.
• Murray County girls 3, Coosa 2: Murray County (7-4, 3-2 Region 7-2A) won at Alto Park in Rome behind singles wins from No. 1 Gab-bie Bordelon, 6-3, 6-2, and No. 2 Allison Jones, 6-2, 6-1, plus a doubles win from No. 2 Kailey Webb and Chloe Brown, 6-2, 6-1.
• Coosa boys 3, Murray County 2: Murray County (3-8, 1-4) lost on the road, but got a pair of singles wins from No. 1 Shawn Owens, 6-1, 7-5, and No. 2 Jacob Thomason, 6-2, 6-1.
n North Murray did not report results from Monday’s scheduled boys and girls matches against visiting Car-tersville by The Daily Citi-zen’s deadline.
• Inclement weather led to the postponement of boys and girls matches between Coahulla Creek and North-west at Edwards Park in Varnell and Excel Christian and Christian Heritage at Lakeshore Park in Dalton. Northwest coach Billy White said a makeup date has not been determined for his team’s match. Christian Heri-tage girls coach Elizabeth Hardaway said the Lions and Lady Lions will make up their matches at 4 p.m. on April 8 at Excel Christian in Cartersville.
• Christian Heritage did not report results from Monday’s scheduled game at Whitefield Academy by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.