Dalton Public Schools, Whitfield County Schools and Murray County Schools are closed Thursday due to the winter weather.
Dalton Public Schools will reopen Wednesday, Feb. 19 after mid-winter break.
Schools are closed Thursday due to the winter weather.
• North Georgia EMC currently has fewer than 20 outages which should be cleared shortly. As precipitation continues, additional outages may occur. To report outages, call your local NGEMC office or use the NGEMC mobile app. Calls are answered 24/7; however, widespread outages may affect hold times. Crews will remain on duty until all power has been restored.
Because of hazardous road conditions, North Georgia EMC’s Trion district customer lobby and drive-thru remain closed to the public today. The Calhoun, Dalton and Fort Oglethorpe offices will be open until 5:30 p.m. Members are encouraged to be safe and avoid driving to a local office to make a payment. Members may submit payments via the website 24/7. NGEMC will not disconnect power for non-payment through the end of business on Thursday.
For more information and updates, please visit www.ngemc.com.
North Georgia EMC provides electricity in Catoosa, Chattooga, Floyd, Gordon, Murray, Walker and Whitfield counties.
• The Whitfield County Board of Commissioners has closed all non essential/non- emergency operations today due to current weather conditions and predicted snowfall/ice. Please stay safe and off the road.
• Due to current and predicted weather conditions, the offices of Dalton Utilities closed at 10 a.m. today. Our 24-hour call line (706-278-1313) will continue to take calls, and our service crews are on alert to respond to any utility issues/emergencies. Our Optilink line (706-529-1313) will also continue to take calls. The Dalton Utilities business office will reopen at 10 a.m. on Thursday.
• Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) offices affected by the severe winter weather will remain closed through today.
The closures include the state headquarters and career centers in Atlanta, as well as career centers in the other areas of the state impacted by the severe weather.
GDOL career centers in areas of the state not impacted by the severe winter weather will follow normal hours of operation.
The public is encouraged to monitor www.employgeorgia.com for continuous updates on operating schedules during the severe weather.
• The Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority facilities will be closed all day today due to inclement weather.
Locations are the Old Dixie Landfill & Convenience Center, McGaughey Chapel Convenience Center, Westside Convenience Center and the M.L. King Convenience Center.
Conditions will be reassessed throughout the day, we'll keep you updated on any changes. Visitors are encouraged to call ahead before going to any of the facilities.
When traveling to the Old Dixie Highway location, please use George Brock Rd.
For more information call the main office at (706) 277-2545. For maps and directions to each site visit the Directions page on our site http://www.dwswa.org.
• All offices of Cohutta Banking Co. in Georgia will be closed today.
Check back for updates.