From Staff Reports
• The North Georgia Health District office and all public health departments in Cherokee, Fannin, Gilmer, Murray, Pickens and Whitfield counties will remain closed Thursday due to icy road conditions. Please continue to monitor www.nghd.org for further updates, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
• The Dalton Utilities business office will reopen at 10 a.m. on Thursday. Our 24-hour call line (706-278-1313) will continue to take calls, and our service crews are on alert to respond to any utility issues/emergencies. Our Optilink line (706-529-1313) will also continue to take calls.
• To report outages, call your local North Georgia EMC office or use the NGEMC mobile app. Calls are answered 24/7; however, widespread outages may affect hold times. Crews will remain on duty until all power has been restored.
Because of hazardous road conditions, North Georgia EMC’s Trion district customer lobby and drive-thru remain closed to the public today. The Calhoun, Dalton and Fort Oglethorpe offices will be open until 5:30 p.m. Members are encouraged to be safe and avoid driving to a local office to make a payment. Members may submit payments via the website 24/7. NGEMC will not disconnect power for non-payment through the end of business on Thursday.
For more information and updates, please visit www.ngemc.com.
North Georgia EMC provides electricity in Catoosa, Chattooga, Floyd, Gordon, Murray, Walker and Whitfield counties.
• After further review of the current weather conditions, the Whitfield County Board of Commissioners decided to close all non-essential/non-emergency operations Thursday. Those offices were also closed Wednesday due to the dangerous conditions brought on by the winter storm.
Officials asked employees to please continue to check the weather line and/or county website (www.whitfieldcountyga.com) for future updates.
• Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) offices affected by the severe winter weather will remain closed through Thursday.
The closures include the state headquarters and career centers in Atlanta, as well as career centers in the other areas of the state impacted by the severe weather.
GDOL career centers in areas of the state not impacted by the severe winter weather will follow normal hours of operation.
The public is encouraged to monitor www.employgeorgia.com for continuous updates on operating schedules during the severe weather.