November 30, 2012

No injuries in Wednesday home fire

From Staff Reports

— A fire at 201 N. Tibbs Road Wednesday night appears to have been caused by electrical problems, Dalton Fire Department Battalion Chief Chris Cantrell said.

A 911 operator said at the time that responders were called to a report that a Christmas tree had caught fire, but Cantrell said responders learned no tree was involved. No one was injured, but there was some fire damage to a room and smoke damage throughout the rest of the house, he said.