• Elizabeth Cline’s program “Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion” remains scheduled for tonight at 6:30 at Dalton State College. The program will be in the Goodroe Auditorium in Gignilliat Memorial Hall. The college is closed otherwise today.
• All campuses of Georgia Northwestern Technical College are closed today. Day and evening classes are canceled.
• The North Georgia Health District office and all public health departments in Cherokee, Fannin, Gilmer, Murray, Pickens and Whitfield counties will remain closed today due to icy road conditions. Please continue to monitor www.nghd.org for further updates, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
• The Dalton Utilities business office will reopen at 10 a.m. on Thursday. Our 24-hour call line (706-278-1313) will continue to take calls, and our service crews are on alert to respond to any utility issues/emergencies. Our Optilink line (706-529-1313) will also continue to take calls.
• After further review of the current weather conditions, the Whitfield County Board of Commissioners decided to close all non-essential/non-emergency operations today. Those offices were also closed Wednesday due to the dangerous conditions brought on by the winter storm.
Officials asked employees to please continue to check the weather line and/or county website (www.whitfieldcountyga.com) for future updates.
• All four Dalton-Whitfield Solid Waste Authority locations will be closed this morning due to inclement weather. An updated schedule for the day will be announced noon. Please do not plan on visiting until you see the updated schedule for the day. Stay updated by visiting our website: www.dwswa.org.
Locations include the Old Dixie Highway Landfill & Convenience Center in the Tilton area, McGaughey Chapel Convenience Center in Cohutta, Westside Convenience Center in the Rocky Face area, and the M.L. King Boulevard Convenience Center in Dalton.
For maps and directions to each site visit the Convenience Center page on our website. For more information call the main office at (706) 277-2545 or visit our website at www.DWSWA.org.
We’ll reassess the weather throughout the day and will keep you updated on any changes. If traveling to the Old Dixie Hwy. location, use George Brock Rd. access if possible.
• All Georgia offices of Cohutta Banking Co. will open at 12 today.
• Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) offices affected by the severe winter weather will remain closed through today.
The closures include the state headquarters and career centers in Atlanta, as well as career centers in the other areas of the state impacted by the severe weather.
GDOL career centers in areas of the state not impacted by the severe winter weather will follow normal hours of operation.
The public is encouraged to monitor www.employgeorgia.com for continuous updates on operating schedules during the severe weather.