New titles for Whitfield County Schools employees
Teaching and Learning
• Assistant Superintendent Karey Williams (from principal at Southeast Whitfield High School; Assistant Principal Deni Pendley will become principal).
• Elementary School Curriculum Director Merry Boggs (from teaching at Antioch Elementary).
• Middle School Curriculum Director Michelle Caldwell (from assistant principal at Varnell Elementary, no replacement named).
• High School Curriculum Director Tom Appelman (from teacher and math department head at Southeast Whitfield High School).
• Chief Officer Wanda Phillips (former director who reported to Gilreath at that office).
• Student Services Director Chris Parker (from principal at Valley Point Elementary, no replacement named).
Assessment, Accountability and Educational Technology
• Chief Officer Audrey Williams (change in title, realignment of responsibilities of assessment and accountability with addition of leading technology department; has been serving as assistant superintendent of teaching and learning since Dusty Brown retired as well as serving as executive director of assessment and accountability).
• Technology Director Jim Fugate (role has not changed; he now reports to Assessment, Accountability and Tech instead of Student Services).
• Chief Officer Rhonda Yim (change in title, realignment of responsibilities with additional staff reporting to her).
• Professional Development Director Dee Goodwin (formerly a teaching and learning coordinator; has new duties and changed to report to human resources).
• Federal Programs Director Lorijo Calhoun (formerly reporting to teaching and learning; now reporting to human resources).
• Chief Officer Mike Ewton (will lead operations including facilities, transportation and security with focus on safety and security in addition to leading facilities and transportation with assistance from those directors).
• Transportation director (nobody named for this position yet; it is not a new position, duties have been covered by Ewton).