Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• April Faye Deakins, 40, 430 Burgess Road, Dalton, was charged Wednesday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with possession of meth, possessions of tools for the commission of crime (burglary), theft by shoplifting, theft by deception, fraudulent attempts to obtain refunds and financial transition card fraud.
• Gabriel Lopez, 40, 2120 Holly Terrace-4, Dalton, was placed on hold Wednesday at the Whitfield County jail by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
• James Carroll Roberts, 41, 232 Liberty Church Road, Tennga, was charged Wednesday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with theft by taking.
• Mark Gregory Sims, 40, 169 Valley Point Drive, Dalton, was charged Wednesday by the Dalton Police Department with possession of meth to distribute.
• Samantha Michelle Thomason, 21, 3169 Rauschenberg Road, Dalton, was charged Wednesday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with theft by taking (larceny) and theft by conversion.