From Staff Reports
A Dalton man whose mother turned him in for allegedly having sex with an underage girl has been indicted by a Whitfield County grand jury.
Terrance Turner, 20, of 207 N. Spencer St., was indicted for child molestation, aggravated sexual battery and statutory rape. He remains in the Whitfield County jail without bond.
According to an incident report from the Dalton Police Department, Turner, his mother and a sibling were living with another family when his mother told police he had had sex with a girl in her pre-teen to early teenage years who lived there.
When an officer confronted him, Turner said, “I don’t know what’s wrong with me,” and said he laid down beside the girl to cuddle, according to the report. In Georgia, sex with someone under 16 years old is considered rape, regardless of whether the child gave permission.
The grand jury also returned several other indictments as well as some no bills, according to information provided by the District Attorney’s Office. The indictments are:
• Christopher Ray Allen, 27, 741 McEntire Circle, Chatsworth, for possession of less than one gram of meth.
• Trevor James Anderson (co-defendant with Franky Joe Ward), 29, 4245 S. Dixie Highway, Resaca, for criminal attempt to commit second degree burglary and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
• Blake Anthony Bishop, 37, 2109 Club Drive, Dalton, for possession of amphetamine, possession of alprazolam and possession of clonazepam.
• John Robert Bixby, 20, 765 Brackett Road, Resaca, for interference with government property.
• David Dewayne Blackmon, 38, 400 Sixth Ave., Dalton, for aggravated assault, false imprisonment and family violence battery.
• Kenneth Lee Bradley, 57, 924 E. Eighth St., Chattanooga, for first degree forgery and theft by deception. On a second indictment, for first degree forgery, theft by deception and theft by receiving.
• Elijah Kenneth Brown, 46, 108 Edgewood Drive, Sumner, for false imprisonment, family violence battery and third degree cruelty to children.
• Tommy Lamar Capehart, Jr., 26, 465 Robinwood Circle, Dalton, for terroristic threats.
• Perry Collins Davis Jr. (co-defendant with Sherry Joe Redmond), 57, 252 Wagner Drive, No. 1, Dalton, for sale of meth, possession of meth and possession of drug-related objects.
• Arnulfo Dimas Jr., aka “Chuckie,” 31, 309 Downing St., Dalton, for violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act.
• Melissa Nicole Gardina (co-defendant with Ronald Franklin Henderson), 30, 1344 Peggy Lane, Tunnel Hill, for possession with intent to distribute meth and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• Ronald Franklin Henderson (co-defendant with Melissa Nicole Gardina), 39, 10 Miller Way, Adairsville, for possession with intent to distribute meth and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• Lorriane Winn Kennedy, 47, 900 Vernon Ave., No. 1, Dalton, for theft by shoplifting and criminal trespass.
• David Hugh Lewis, 57, 1013 Brown St., Dalton, for sale of oxycodone and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• Robert Lynch Jr., 65, 1014 Richard St., Dalton, for aggravated assault and public drunkenness.
• Kimberlee McSwain, 46, 728 Frawley Road, Chattanooga, for causing serious injury by vehicle, DUI, reckless driving and failure to obey a traffic control device.
• Ronald Len Merrill, 45, 407 Hill Road, No. 3, Dalton, for family violence aggravated assault, false imprisonment, family violence battery, obstruction of a 911 call, obstruction of a law enforcement officer and aggravated assault on a peace officer.
• Scott Aaron Neal, 27, 27218 Midland Trail, Hico, W.Va., for aggravated assault, public drunkenness and obstruction of a law enforcement officer.
• Yoni Olvera-Gonzalez, 26, 702 Cavender Road, Dalton, for sale of cocaine, criminal attempt to traffic in cocaine, trafficking in meth, possession of meth with intent to distribute and use of a communication facility in drug transactions.
• Trev Baxter Page, 36, 414 Park Canyon Drive, Dalton, for burglary in three separate indictments.
• Jordan Palacios, aka “Smurf,” 20, 362 Trails Inn Way, Dalton, for sale of marijuana.
• Fernando Ramirez-Deleon, 56, 615 Pine St., Dalton, for first degree forgery and aggravated identity fraud.
• Sherry Joe Redmond (co-defendant with Perry Collins Davis Jr.), 43, 252 Wagner Drive, No. 1, Dalton, for sale of meth, possession of meth, possession of drug-related objects and being a habitual felon.
• Franky Joe Ward (co-defendant with Trevor James Anderson), 19, 4245 S. Dixie Highway, Resaca, for criminal attempt to commit second degree burglary and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
• Kelly Elizabeth Waters, 34, 130 Shirley Way, Dalton, for aggravated sexual battery and first degree cruelty to children.
The grand jury declined to indict several individuals. They are:
• Steven Lee Bishop, 39, Dalton, indictment was sought for battery and aggravated assault.
• Samathy Wayne McHenry, 32, Dalton, indictment was sought for armed robbery and aggravated assault.
• Guadalupe Puentes-Aguero, 51, Dalton, indictment was sought for incest.