— Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• Darrell Anthony Shoemaker, 43, 4773 Treetop Lane, Cohutta, was charged Saturday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with possession of meth, giving false information, obstruction of law enforcement officers and possession of drug-related objects.
• Charles Christopher Bowers, 36, 1861 Caylor Road, Crandall, was charged Sunday by the Georgia State Patrol with speeding and DUI.
• Gary Lee Cross, 34, 1300 Ludie St., Dalton, was charged Sunday by the Dalton Police Department with crossing guard lines with drugs without consent, possession of meth, possession of drug-related objects, giving false information, a headlight violation, use of a license plate to conceal the identity of the vehicle, driving on a suspended license, driving without insurance and driving unsafe or an improperly equipped vehicle.
• Jose Jesus Guzman-Chavez, 20, 1149 Danielle Drive, Dalton, was charged Sunday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• Adrian Salaices, 26, 900 N. Glenwood Ave., Dalton, was charged Sunday by the Tunnel Hill Police Department with DUI.
• Jennifer Santana, 44, 1507 Hickory Valley Road, Chattanooga, was charged Sunday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with DUI and driving too fast for conditions.