Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• John Wesley Ashford, 41, 3599 Woods Drive, Decatur, was charged Sunday by the Dalton Police Department with first degree forgery, second degree forgery, ID theft or fraud using/possessing ID information concerning another person and deposit account fraud (bad check).
• Melissa Dawn Bennett, 35, 203 Jordan St.-4, Tunnel Hill, was charged Sunday by the Tunnel Hill Police Department with sale of meth, possession of meth and possession of a schedule 4 drug.
• Janet Mae Dixon, 54, 300 Wind Chase Lane, Stone Mountain, was charged Sunday by the Dalton Police Department with shoplifting, first degree forgery, theft by receiving stolen property, theft by receiving stolen property in another state and giving a false name, address or date of birth to a law officer.
• April Misty Lynn Speck, 35, 119 Powell Drive, Dalton, was charged Sunday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with DUI, DUI-drugs, no insurance, failure to maintain lane, driving too fast for conditions and a safety belt violation.
• Melissa Dalton Craig, 33, 274 Old Parksville Road, Cleveland, Tenn., was charged Monday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with obstruction of an officer, operation of a vehicle with an improper plate, expired vehicle tag or decal, driving with a suspended or revoked license, open container in vehicle and DUI (drugs/alcohol).
• Keri Michelle Davenport, 24, 110 Fuller Chapel Road, Chatsworth, was charged Monday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with possession of meth, DUI, possession of tools for the commission of crime, possession of drug-related objects and failure to maintain lane.