Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• John Allen Bedwell, 43, 144 Wiltshire Drive, Dalton, was charged Saturday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with aggravated assault, simple battery (family violence) and obstructing an emergency call.
• Octavio Aguilar-Peinado, 30, Nolan Road, Dalton, was charged Sunday by the Dalton Police Department with possession with the intent to distribute cocaine and possession of cocaine.
• Samuel Paul Butts, 35, 143 Burlington Way, Dalton, was charged Sunday by the Dalton Police Department with DUI and failure to stop upon striking an unattended vehicle.
• James Mitchell Lampley, 42, 1007 E. Waugh St., Dalton, was charged Sunday by the Dalton Police Department with possession of cocaine, possession of drug-related objects and pedestrian under the influence.
• Brandi Nichole Shelton, 38, 1303 Jackson Road, Dalton, was charged Sunday by the Georgia State Patrol with DUI and failure to maintain lane.