Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• Deontarious Markese Banks, 21, 5676 Matka, Columbus, Ohio, was charged Friday by the Tunnel Hill Police Department with possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and giving a false name, address or date of birth to a law officer.
• Donald Henry Chastain, 23, 2612 Roberts Ave., Dalton, was charged Friday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with possession of meth to distribute, possession of meth, willful obstruction of law officers, failure to obey persons directing traffic, reckless driving and fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer.
• Ricky Lamar Ervin, 55, 593 W. Addis Road, Tunnel Hill, was charged Friday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s office with sale of or intent to sell marijuana, possession of meth to distribute and possession of tools for the commission of crime.
• Charles Ashlei Sibert, 32, 818 Shugart Road-A9, Dalton, was charged Friday by the Dalton Police Department with DUI, DUI (endangering a child under the influence of drugs), DUI (endangering a child under the influence of alcohol), a turning violation, failure to maintain lane and two safety belt violations for children 4 years old and younger.
• Amy Marie Hamrick, 26, 1255 Skyview Drive NW., No. 23, Dalton, was charged Friday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with felony theft by taking.
• Johnathon Patrick Paul Oshea, 24, 624 Fourth Ave., Dalton, was charged Saturday by the Dalton Police Department with simple battery (family violence), violation of a family violence order, false imprisonment and being a fugitive from justice.