Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• Curtis Lamar Betterton, 31, 2463 Greeson Road, Chatsworth, was charged Saturday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with possession of less than an ounce of marijuana, possession of meth and possession of tools for the commission of crime.
• Earnest Kendall McDonald, 50, 64 Lyons Drive, Rome, was charged Sunday by the Tunnel Hill Police Department with possession of meth, crossing a guard line with a weapon without consent and loitering or prowling.
• Gary Lane Mitchell, 54, 2590-D Ga. Highway 52 Alternate, Chatsworth, was charged Sunday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with DUI.
• Daniel Byron Smith, 41, 159 Cummings Lane, Ringgold, was charged Monday by the Georgia State Patrol with possession of marijuana, possession of meth, DUI, possession of tools for the commission of crime (violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act), crossing the guard line with a weapon without consent and an open container violation.
• Lisa Marie Stephens, 37, 815 Clifton Heights, Dalton, was charged Monday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s office with theft by taking and theft by deception.