Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• Stanley Blanding, 58, 436 Whitner Drive, Dalton, was charged Friday by the Eton Police Department with DUI, driving while license suspended, driving on the wrong side of the road and open container in vehicle.
• Samuel Ray Chastain, 62, 1028 Groves Drive NE, Dalton, was charged Friday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with battery (family violence, first offense).
• John Robert Cross, 18, 62 Kingdom Hall Road, Chatsworth, was charged Friday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with burglary (first degree), criminal trespassing, two counts of theft by taking motor vehicle and failure to appear.
• Diana Paige Boyd, 23, 505 Murray Hill Drive-B, Dalton, was charged Saturday by the Dalton Police Department with DUI and failure to maintain a lane.
• Gary Vernon Davis Jr., 39, 1319 Jackson Road, Dalton, was charged Saturday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with battery, arson (first degree, single occupancy residence) and cruelty to a child.
• Erick Shawn East, 35, 4773 Homestead Road, Cohutta, was charged Saturday by the Eton Police Department with driving without insurance and DUI.