Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• Elmer Arana-Giron, 28, homeless, Dalton, was placed on hold Tuesday at the Whitfield County jail for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
• Tommy Wayne Ellard, 34, 81 Shrader Lane, Ringgold, was charged Tuesday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with possession of meth and possession of tools for the commission of crime.
• Roy Eugene Rich, 32, 98 Oak Hills St., Chatsworth, was charged Tuesday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with sale of meth.
• Joshua Jacob Acevedo, 19, 5227 Fifth St. W., Lehigh Acres, Fla., was charged Wednesday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with battery against a pregnant female and cruelty to a child.
• Jason Wade Dalton, 33, 316 Bowen Road N., Chatsworth, was charged Wednesday by the Murray County Sheriff’s Office with possession of drug-related objects, possession of meth and failure to drive within a single lane.