Editor’s note: The Daily Citizen will upon request print a notice about anyone found not guilty of the charges listed in Area Arrests, or if the charges have been dropped. To notify a reporter, call (706) 272-7714 and be prepared to provide documentation.
• Melissa Dawn Bennett, 35, 203 Jordan St.-4, Tunnel Hill, was charged Monday by the Whitfield County Sheriff’s Office with possession of meth and possession of tools for the commission of crime.
• Gary Lee Cross, 34, 1300 Ludie St., Dalton, was charged Monday by the Dalton Police Department with possession of meth and DUI.
• Stephen Remigio Miranda, 25, 526 Liberty Drive, Dalton, was charged Monday by the Dalton Police Department with drugs not in original container, possession of a schedule 4 drug, crossing the guard line with drugs without consent, possession of meth, possession and use of drug-related objects and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
• Jose Edilfo Ramirez-Diaz, 23, 17 Phillivan Road, Rome, was placed on hold Monday at the Whitfield County jail for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
• Tawanna Georgia Hayes, 58, 5082 Logan Road, Cleveland, Tenn., was charged Tuesday by the Varnell Police Department with DUI and failure to maintain lane.
• Juan Alberto Perez-Garcia, 31, 1101 Avenue A-4, Dalton, was charged Tuesday by the Dalton Police Department with DUI, operating a vehicle without a proper tag or decal, driving without a valid license, an open container violation and failure of duty upon striking an unattended vehicle.