• Coahulla Creek 8, Gordon Central 0: Colts pitchers Zack Glines and Blake Phillips combined for 14 strikeouts in a dominating Region 5-3A victory in Varnell.
Glines started and struck out nine while allowing three hits and two walks in four innings before giving way to Phillips, who worked the final three innings, allowing three hits and a walk while striking out five.
Phillips also helped Coahulla Creek (7-12, 4-6) at the plate, going 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs. Braiden Jacobs was 2-for-3 with and RBI, while Patrick Malone and Cody Wood each had a hit and drove in a run.
• Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe 3, North Murray 2: The Warriors scored in the bottom of the seventh inning to push the Mountaineers (7-10, 4-5 Region 5-3A) below .500 in league play.
Jared Goswick pitched four innings for North Murray, allowing two runs (one earned) off five hits and three walks while striking out three. Cole Vaughn threw the final 2 2/3 innings, allowing one run on three walks while striking out two.
On offense, Jared Campbell had a two-run home run, while Aaron Granger went 2-for-3 with a double. Lake Burris was 2-for-2 with two walks.
• Gordon Lee 11, Christian Heritage 1: The Lions trailed just 2-1 before the Trojans’ eight-run fourth inning put the home team firmly in command.
Michael McKinney’s double in the third inning set up Jake Stokes’ two-out run-scoring single, but that was all of the offense for Christian Heritage (10-8, 7-5 Region 6-A). Gordon Lee had 11 hits.
• North Murray boys 3, Christian Heritage 0: The Mountaineers (11-2) visited the Lions and scored a pair of second-half goals to pull away in the non-region victory.
Freddie Urbina broke a scoreless tie with an unassisted goal midway through the first half to give North Murray a 1-0 lead at the break. With 28 minutes left in the second half, the Mountaineers got their second goal from Tony Maldonaldo off of an assist from Urbina. Ismael Cruz capped off the scoring with the assist coming from Arturo Garcia.
Manuel Gonzalez had the shutout in goal.
Christian Heritage (1-7) coach John Seehorn said standout efforts for his team included Hunter Dixon, who played defender for the first time. Christian Joseph had all three of the Lions’ shots on goal.
• Christian Heritage girls 1, North Murray 0: Lindsey Jones cleaned up a shot that rebounded off North Murray’s keeper midway through the first half in the non-league matchup, and the Lady Lions made the lead stand for their first victory of the season.
Sarah Massengale was in goal for the shutout for Christian Heritage (1-7). North Murray dropped to 1-10.
• Northwest boys 4, Rome 1: Cielo Nunez scored a pair of goals as the Bruins (11-4) outshot the Wolves 30-6 in the non-region matchup.
David Perez and Giovanni Aguero each had a goal and an assist, while Angel Resendiz and Christian Perez each had an assist.
• Rome girls 5, Northwest 3: The Lady Bruins led 3-2 at halftime, but Rome rallied in the final 40 minutes to deal Northwest just its second loss in 10 games this season.
Juliana Gomez, Ashlee Huyhn and Nancy Paz scored for the Lady Bruins — who had 13 shots on goal — while keeper Deysi Garcia made 15 saves.