• Results from a scheduled girls match between Dalton and Murray County at Dalton Golf and Country Club were not reported by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• Calhoun boys 1, Murray County 0: Keeper Humberto Alvarez finished with nine saves for the Indians (10-3-1, 10-2 Region 7-2A), who allowed Calhoun’s goal midway through the first half.
• Calhoun girls 4, Murray County 1: Nayeli Jacobo scored for the Lady Indians (7-7, 7-5 Region 7-2A), while keeper Kelsey Pack made 10 saves in the road loss.
• Coahulla Creek girls 1, Sonoraville 1 (4-2): The Lady Colts (5-10, 4-7 Region 5-3A) won in penalty kicks as goalie Melissa Cabrera had a pair of saves during the shootout.
Harley Jackson scored in regulation for Coahulla Creek, and Regina Pacheco, Melanie Pacheco, Jenny Contreras and Bivi Lopez each converted a penalty kick. Cabrera made five saves in regulation, while the Lady Colts outshot Sonoraville 32-5 in regulation.
• Coahulla Creek boys 6, Sonoraville 1: Pedro Garcia scored four goals to lead the Colts (10-4-1, 8-3 Region 5-3A), and Eddie Serrato and Ronnie Vargas each added goals. Goalkeeper Missael Fraire had four saves.
Track and field
• Murray County’s boys and girls teams each finished sixth in the eight-team Region 7-2A meets at Pepperell, but they claimed several top-four event finishes on the second day of the competition to advance to Class 2A West sectional competition April 27 at Greater Atlanta Christian.
Qualifiers for the Indians were Servio Martinez (3,200-meter run, third place, 10 minutes, 47 seconds); Jorge Romero (high jump, fourth, 5 feet, 10 inches); Kyle Padgett (triple jump, fourth, 37-10); and the 4x100 relay team of Leon Pritchett, Padgett, Bobby Defore and Aaron Chambers (fourth, time unavailable).
Qualifiers for the Lady Indians were Miriam Quiroz (300 hurdles, fourth, time unavailable); Shea Pendley (shot put, second, 29-11) and the 4x100 relay team of Chasidy Dixon, Destiny Bailey, Tiffany Markey and Keona Brinkman (fourth, time unavailable).
• On the first day of the Region 5-3A meet at Gordon Central, North Murray’s Jacob Mays won the boys long jump at 20-10 and Isaac Pacheco took the boys 1,600 title in 4:41.15.
Class 3A West sectional qualifiers for the Lady Mountaineers were Erin Robinson (shot put, second, 31-0) and Megan Pittman (shot put, fourth, 30-2).
For Coahulla Creek, A.T. Smith (triple jump), Ashton Patterson (shot put) and Desiree Sardina (shot put) qualified for the Lady Colts, who finished the day 11 points behind leader Cartersville.
For the boys, who are 12 points behind leader Sonoraville, Josh Foxx (long jump) and Cordarius Tarver (discus) qualified for state sectionals.
Individual distances, times and specific place finishes were not available for Coahulla Creek.