• Chad Flanders’ 6-over-par 78 led Northwest Whitfield’s boys as they opened with a team total of 333 in the Hardaway Invitational at Bull Creek Golf Course in Columbus.
Also scoring for the Bruins were Ethan Hayes (80), Tyler Clayton (87) and Chandler Lomax (88).
Northwest coach Greg Brown did not know team standings after the opening round. The 36-hole event finishes today.
• Notre Dame (Chattanooga) girls 8, Dalton 1: The lone court victory in the road loss for the Lady Cats (8-9) came in doubles as No. 2 Shelby Fromm and Mary Margaret Snipes won 8-2 in pro-set play.
The defeat closed the regular season for Dalton, which holds a No. 1 seed for the Region 7-4A tournament, which is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday at Lakeshore Park in Dalton.
• Dalton boys 6, Notre Dame (Chattanooga) 3: The Cats (13-4) closed their regular season with a win in Tennessee, getting singles victories from No. 3 Nathan Bryant, 8-4, No. 4 Will Alderman, 8-0, No. 5 Sam Dyer, 8-6, and No. 6 Bennett Wills, 8-1, plus doubles wins from No. 2 Bryant and Thomas DeLay, 8-0, and No. 3 Shazman Ali and Dyer, who accepted a forfeit.
Dalton’s boys are a No. 1 seed for next week’s Region 7-4A tournament.
• Murray County girls 4, Pepperell 1: Murray County (13-1, 6-1 Region 7-2A) swept singles to close the regular season with a road victory, getting wins from No. 1 Greta Lazzarotto, 6-0, 6-1, No. 2 Gabbie Bordelon, 6-3, 6-4, and No. 3 Allison Jones, 6-1, 6-2.
The Lady Indians also picked up a team point in doubles. The No. 1 team of Chloe Brown and Kailey Webb won their first set 7-5, lost their second 4-6 and were tied at 3 in the third when their opponents retired because of injury.
Murray County is the No. 2 seed for the eight-team Region 7-2A tournament, which is set for Tuesday and Wednesday at the Calhoun Tennis Center.
• Pepperell boys 5, Murray County 0: The Indians dropped to 1-13 overall and 0-7 in Region 7-2A play with the road loss.