• Northwest 6, Ridgeland 2: Macy Weeks’ bases-loaded, two-out double cleared the bases and broke a 1-1 tie in a four-run third inning to push the Lady Bruins. Weeks finished the game 2-for-2 and was the only player from Northwest (23-3, 7-1 Sub-region 7B-4A) with multiple hits.
“We kind of scattered them around tonight,” said coach Jason Brooker. “The middle of our order, if one of them isn’t getting it done, someone else is getting it done. The bottom of the order does a good job of making things happen. Everyone is chipping in.”
Northwest scored a pair of unearned runs in the fourth to seal the win. BriLeigh Baggett pitched a complete game, giving up three hits while striking out five.
• Coahulla Creek 15, Adairsville 0: The Lady Colts (19-6, 9-3 Region 5-3A) scored 10 runs in the first inning and five more in the third to win a three-inning game via mercy rule.
Madeleine Kalafut scored three times, Nikki Hollis had a double and two RBIs, Sydney Ross was 2-for-2, Kala Franks finished 2-for-2 with two RBIs and two runs scored, and Sydney Wilson also scored twice.
Coahulla Creek used three pitchers to celebrate senior night.
“We spread our pitching around and got a lot of girls some action,” Lady Colts coach Josh Swiney said. “We didn’t have any walks.”
Erin Harden pitched 1 1/3 innings, striking out three with no hits or walks. Hollis pitched 2/3, allowing one hit. Shelbe Dilbeck pitched the final inning, also allowing one hit.
• Sonoraville 3, North Murray 1: Kara Deal finished 2-for-3 at the plate for the Lady Mountaineers (9-15, 6-7 Region 5-3A). Samantha Stafford had the lone RBI for the Lady Mountaineers. Megan Pittman added a triple.
Deal pitched all seven innings, allowing no earned runs with five hits, two walks and two strikeouts.
• LaFayette 5, Southeast Whitfield 0: Madison Pearson, Emily Beck, Chaya Drury and Lily Johnson each went 1-for-3 as the Lady Raiders (7-15, 1-7) dropped a Sub-region 7B-4A contest.
• Gordon Lee 12, Christian Heritage 0: Megan McKinney pitched the entire game as the Lady Lions’ lone senior on senior night.
She allowed five earned runs off eight hits and three walks while striking out three. Mikayla Russell went 1-for-2 for Christian Heritage (7-14, 0-7 Sub-region 6A-A).
• Heritage-Catoosa 12, Dalton 0: The Lady Cats (8-19, 2-7 Sub-region 7B-4A) managed just three hits, while six of the Lady Generals’ runs were unearned.