• Southeast Whitfield swept past Ringgold but fell in three sets to Area 7-4A foe Ridgeland in Ringgold. The Lady Raiders (17-9, 3-2) won 25-17, 25-15 over the hosts, but Ridgeland rebounded from dropping the first game 28-26 to take the next two games 25-19, 25-21 to get the win.
Serena Ramsey led the Lady Raiders with 14 kills on the night, followed by Wendy Perez with 13 and Yolanda Melgarejo with 10. Angie Purkey added 17 digs and 34 assists, while Melisa Fraire had 13 digs and six aces. Yasmeen Paloblanco and Tania Lopez finished with 28 and 27 digs, respectively.
The Lady Raiders will host Christian Heritage, Dalton, LaFayette, Northwest, Gilmer, Sonoraville and Ringgold at the Raider Rally on Saturday. Pool play begins at 9 a.m. with the single-elimination tournament beginning at 3 p.m.
• Dalton lost 25-13, 25-7 to Pope and fell 26-24, 29-27 to Cartersville.
Alejandra Fraire led the Lady Cats (6-18) with 14 kills. Hannah Cox finished with eight kills. Alexis Yi added five kills. Macie Noles had 45 assists.
• Murray County lost 25-18, 25-18 to Model and fell 25-19, 25-19 to Calhoun in a pair of Area 5-2A matches.
Alex Johnson had 34 assists, for the Lady Indians (3-16, 3-7), while Heidy Cabral tallied 23 assists. Chassidy Dixon added seven kills and a block. Ciarra Hatton and Kathryn Hill each had four kills. Tiffany Markey finished with five digs.
• Coahulla Creek lost 25-19, 25-20 to Gordon Lee and fell 25-15, 25-18 to LaFayette.
Macey Fossett led the Lady Colts (9-23) with 13 assists. Erin Orem had seven kills. Nikki Ross added seven kills and two blocks. Khenidi Pippin finished with four kills.
• North Murray did not report results from its matches by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• In a three-team meet in Calhoun, Servio Martinez paced Murray County with a second-place finish in a time of 18 minutes, 51 seconds to lead the Indians to the team victory. Murray County finished with 23 points, followed by Calhoun (36) and Coosa (77). Other placers for the Indians were Servio Martinez (3rd, 19:00), Ivan Delgado (4th, 19:11) and Jose Ruiz (5th, 19:13).
Calhoun’s girls won with a 31, followed by Coosa (32) and Murray County (57). Katlyn Richardson finished third with a time of 23:37 to lead the Lady Indians. Other scorers were Chloe Brown (12th, 27:11), Monica Bermudez (13th, 28:41) and Maddie Phillips (15th, 29:25).
• McCallie 47, Northwest 35: Darian Hill rushed for four touchdowns for the losing Bruins (2-1).
Seth Hutchinson added a rushing score, Bryan Villa went 5-for-5 on extra points and Alejandro Coronel had an interception.