• Southeast Whitfield split a pair of matches at Coahulla Creek, losing 26-24, 25-15 to Heritage-Catoosa but beating the host Lady Colts 25-20, 25-16.
Angie Purkey led the Lady Raiders (15-7) with 25 assists, while Wendy Perez had 13 kills and Yasmeen Paloblanco paced the team with 13 digs.
Other outstanding contributors were Melisa Fraire (11 digs), Yolanda Melgarejo (eight kills), Tania Lopez (seven digs) and Serena Ramsey (five kills).
• Murray County dropped a pair of Area 5-2A matches at home, falling 25-6, 25-6 to Chattooga and 25-19, 25-9 to Armuchee.
Alex Johnson’s 12-assist effort led the Lady Indians (3-25, 3-5), while Chassidy Dixon and Kathryn Hill each had four aces and Dixon also collected a pair of kills. Heidy Cabral chipped in seven assists and Tiffany Markey finished with three digs.
• Dalton (4-17) split a pair of non-area matches, beating Pickens 17-25, 25-11, 15-10 but falling 25-7, 25-14 to Sonoraville. Ashleigh Peters had seven kills in the Lady Catamounts’ win, wile Lyndsey Parker had 27 assists and Macie Noles added 19.
• Ivan Delgado’s time of 17 minutes, 53 seconds on the 5K (3.1-mile) course at Rome’s Ridge Ferry Park was good for 28th place, the best individual finish for Murray County at the Ridge Ferry Invitational.
Other runners who scored points for the Indians were Servio Martinez (29th, 17:55), Antonio Martinez (37th, 17:59), Jose Ruiz (55th, 18:35) and Filiberto Nuñez (62nd, 18:45).
The Lady Indians were led by Katlyn Richardson’s 45th-place finish in a time of 22:57. She was joined by Monica Bermudez (111th, 27:16), Maddie Phillips (120th, 27:28), Chloe Brown (123rd, 27:57) and Celena Sanchez (132nd, 29:05) in scoring points for Murray County.
The Indians and Lady Indians’ team finishes were not available.
Morris Innovative, North Murray and Southeast were also scheduled to compete at the event but did not report results by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• Southeast JV 39, North Murray 14: Quarterback Will Swantic rushed for a pair of scores and threw for two more to lead the Raiders to their second straight win to start the season.
Swantic had runs of 39 and 8 yards and he hit Chaz Payne for a 45-yard scoring pass and Corey Barnes from 25 yards out. Swantic and Payne also paired up for a two-point conversion.
Devin Fields had scoring runs from 32 yards and 6 yards, while Allen Camacho kicked a pair of extra points. Devin Walden and Jonathan Gowan each had an interception and Matt Moss had a fumble recovery.
North Murray did not report statistics by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• Northwest Whitfield 26, Cass 16: Seth Hutchinson, Devonte Dunn and Walker Creswell all scored touchdowns for the Bruins (2-0) and Brian Villa tacked on a pair of extra points.
On defense, Mason Shepard had three sacks, while Trey Mantooth added two more.