• P.K. Bhatter, Dalton: A senior, Bhatter was part of the No. 2 doubles tandem with Will Alderman and tallied 11 wins against only two losses as the Cats finished second in Region 7-4A and advanced to the second round of the Class 4A state tournament. He had a four-year record of 55-9.
• Jake Mathis, Coahulla Creek: A junior, Mathis went 13-1 while playing No. 2 singles for the Colts, who finished fourth in the Region 5-3A tournament and reached the state tournament for the first time. He is also a member of the school’s swimming and diving team, which had its inaugural season this past winter, and the Colts will no doubt look to his leadership on the court next season.
• Drew Mosteller, North Murray: As the Mountaineers’ No. 1 singles player, Mosteller finished 15-4 as the program finished second in Region 5-3A and returned to state for the second year in a row. He lost three times to Cartersville’s No. 1 player and once in the Class 3A state tournament to North Oconee’s No. 1 player. He finished with a four-year record of 43-11.
• B.J. Rowland, Dalton: The senior had value both in singles and doubles for the Cats. Rowland was part of the No. 1 doubles tandem with Thomas Delay, but when he wasn’t doing that, he could be counted on at No. 3 singles. Also a starting center for the football team in the fall, he finished with an overall record of 15-4 this spring.
• Honorable mention: Dalton — Will Alderman, Shazman Ali, Nathan Bryant, Thomas DeLay, Jacob Johnson; North Murray — Dylan Davis, Alex Ellis, Jacob Ledford, Mark Lents.
• Gabbie Bordelon, Murray County: The Lady Indians’ No. 1 singles player, Bordelon finished 12-2 in her sophomore campaign. She went 9-2 against Region 7-2A opponents — and 2-1 in the league tournament — as Murray County advanced to the Class 2A state tournament.
• Allison Jones, Murray County: A junior, Jones finished the season 12-2 overall and 9-2 against league foes while playing No. 2 singles for the Lady Indians. She’ll bring back experience as the Lady Indians look for even better results and a return to state next season. Jones finished 2-1 in region tournament matches.
• Courtney Morton, Dalton: The senior handled the No. 1 singles duties for the Lady Cats as the team won the Region 7-4A title and reached the quarterfinals of the Class 4A bracket, their deepest run since reaching the same round in 2007. Morton finished the season with a 15-5 mark.
• Erin Orem, Coahulla Creek: A sophomore who is also a key contributor for the school’s volleyball program, she finished 12-2 this season as the Lady Colts’ No. 1 singles player. She helped the team finish third in Region 5-3A and advance to the state tournament for the first time.
• Kara Pendley, Dalton: A senior and the Lady Cats’ No. 2 singles player, she put together an impressive 17-2 record to help the Lady Cats in their run to the region crown and state quarterfinals. She was also a volleyball standout this past fall.
• Honorable mention: Christian Heritage — Tegan McEntire, Sarah Pippin; Dalton — Rachel Bakker, Caroline Calfee, Mackenzie Creswell, Sheridan Fromm, Anna Grace Wilson; North Murray — Kara Deal, Hannah Hensley, Lindsey Ray, Alex Westmoreland; Northwest — Sara Richards.