• Coahulla Creek 182, Ringgold 183: Ringgold’s John Espy took medalist honors with an even-par 36, but Coahulla Creek used its consistency across the lineup to take a one-stroke win in the dual match.
The four golfers for the Colts were all within four strokes of each other as Austin Cole led the Colts with a 43 and was followed by David Manis (45), Ian Conway (47) and Alex Longmire (47).
• Southeast Whitfield girls 5, Ridgeland 0: In Rossville, the Lady Raiders (1-2, 1-1 Sub-region 7B-4A) got wins from the No. 1 doubles team of Ally Stanley and Julie Cole, 6-0, 6-0, and No. 1 singles player Daisy Maya, 6-1, 5-0 (retired).
Ridgeland forfeited the rest of the courts.
• Southeast boys 5, Ridgeland 0: Also on the road, the Raiders (1-2, 1-1 Sub-region 7B-4A) swept the singles competition and took forfeit victories in doubles. Winners for Southeast at singles were No. 1 Alejandro Luna, 6-2, 5-0 (retired), No. 2 Alexis Beccera, 6-0, 6-0, and No. 3 Jorge Ruedas, 6-0, 6-0.
• Murray County girls singles tennis players Greta Lazzarotto and Gabbie Bordelon each won pro-set matches against visiting Armuchee before play was suspended by the weather. Lazzarotto won 8-1, while Bordelon won 8-0.
Murray County’s boys lost all three matches that were completed, losing 3-0. The match between the two Region 7-2A foes did not count in the region standings, and the girls match will not be completed.
• Weather washed out the remainder of the area prep sports schedule from Thursday.
In baseball, Coahulla Creek at Calhoun, Gordon Central at Southeast Whitfield and Ridgeland at Murray County were all wiped off the books by rain and sleet. All are non-region games, and no makeup dates have been determined.
On the tennis courts, play was suspended between Coahulla Creek and North Murray. The matches are scheduled to be completed today in Chatsworth. Dalton’s Sub-region 7B-4A matches at Heritage-Catoosa were suspended as well and are scheduled to be completed on Monday.
In track and field, Murray County and North Murray were scheduled to compete at Gilmer, but the meet was not held and won’t be made up.
In golf, Christian Heritage’s match at LaFayette was postponed but no makeup date has been determined. Also, Coahulla Creek was scheduled to host LaFayette, Pickens and Ringgold, but calls to coach Chip Fleming were not returned by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.