• Southeast Whitfield girls 55, LaFayette 46: Cricket Wyatt led the Lady Raiders (16-9, 5-5 Sub-region 7B-4A) with 12 points as they closed their league and regular-season schedules with a road win. Judelle Herrera added 10 points, while Wendy Perez grabbed 17 rebounds.
Southeast enters the Region 7-4A tournament as 7B’s No. 3 seed and will play 7A’s No. 2 seed at 7 p.m. Tuesday with a spot in the Class 4A state tournament on the line.
• LaFayette boys 77, Southeast 58: Rhett Harper scored 23 points and had six assists and eight rebounds to lead the Raiders (6-19, 2-8 Sub-region 7B-4A), but LaFayette ran away from Southeast in the second half.
The teams were tied 31-31 at the end of the first, but Tyler Shropshire scored 17 points in the second half and sparked the Ramblers’ second-half surge. Shropshire finished with 28 points.
Chaz Payne and Ty Pendley each scored 10 points for the Raiders, who finished as the sub-region’s fifth seed and will play sixth-seeded Ridgeland at 4:30 p.m. today at Cass High School in Cartersville as the Region 7-4A tournament begins.
• Excel Christian girls 58, Christian Heritage 55 (OT): Drew Tipton led the Lady Lions (3-22, 1-11) with 18 points — including a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to force overtime — in their final Sub-region 6A-A contest as they closed the regular season.
Sarah Massengale added 13 points, 12 rebounds and seven steals for Christian Heritage — which led 28-18 at halftime and 35-30 entering the final period — while Alexis Poag helped with eight points.
The Region 6-A tournament begins Monday, but Lady Lions coach Heather Lowery doesn’t yet know her team’s seed.
• Coahulla Creek boys 92, Gordon Central 63: J.R. Laird scored 19 points to lead the Colts (9-15, 4-9 Region 5-3A) on senior night. Dee McCord added 17 points, Levi Wilson finished with 16 and Hunter Williams had 12.
Coahulla Creek turned a 16-16 tie after one quarter of play to a 43-29 halftime lead and a 63-43 lead entering the last quarter. The Colts finish the regular season today with a region game at Adairsville. The Region 5-3A tournament begins Wednesday at Cartersville High School.
• Gordon Central girls 62, Coahulla Creek 50: Bethany Goodwin led the Lady Colts (7-17, 4-9 Region 5-3A) with 18 points, and Haley Reece added 14 points. Nikki Ross tallied 11 rebounds.
Gordon Central held Coahulla Creek scoreless in the first quarter and led 30-17 at halftime.
• Cartersville boys 72, North Murray 34: The Mountaineers (14-10, 6-8 Region 5-3A) played the first-place team in the league to a 13-13 tie through one quarter.
However, Cartersville built a 33-21 halftime cushion and a 47-28 lead with one quarter to play.
Drake McCowan scored 10 points to lead North Murray, which holds the fifth seed for the region tournament and plays Gordon Central at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the first round. Noah Allen scored six points.
• Cartersville girls 68, North Murray 45: Kara Deal and Erin Robinson each scored 11 points for the Lady Mountaineers, while Megan Pittman tallied eight points in the regular-season finale.
North Murray (10-15, 4-9 Region 5-3A) led 14-11 when the first quarter ended, but the game was tied at 22 at halftime and Cartersville led 44-34 entering the final quarter.
• Results from Christian Heri-tage’s boys game against Excel Christian were not reported by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.