The Eastbrook Middle School boys basketball program broke a 54-game losing streak when its seventh-grade boys beat Gladden 32-20 on Thursday.
Kolby McDermott led the Mustangs (1-2) with 10 points, and Eddy DeLeon added seven. Trevor Cox finished with 13 points and four rebounds for Gladden, while Bronson Bowen added eight points, three rebounds and two assists.
• New Hope seventh-grade boys 27, Valley Point 14: Dominique Sistrunk scored 14 points to lead the Kodiaks (3-0) to the win Friday. Valley Point’s statistics were not reported.
• Valley Point eighth-grade boys 33, New Hope 28: Sebastian Orozco scored 12 points to lead New Hope (1-2), but the Green Waves hit their free throws down the stretch to win the game Friday. Valley Point’s statistics were not reported.
• Gladden seventh-grade girls 32, Eastbrook 8: Julia Jones led the Lady Warriors with an all-around effort of eight points, five rebounds and five steals Thursday. McKamie Garland and Allison Weaver each had four rebounds and finished with six and five points, respectively. Eastbrook’s statistics were not reported.
• Gladden eighth-grade girls 46, Eastbrook 17: Katie Ashe had 12 points, four steals and five assists as Gladden had four players score eight or more points in the win Thursday. Kasey Beavers had nine points and Anna Trjo and Allie Ausmus each had eight points for the Lady Warriors. Bailey Smith added five points and also dominated on the glass with 10 rebounds. Eastbrook’s statistics were not reported.
• Gladden eighth-grade boys 35, Eastbrook 5: Logan Harrison had 13 points and three steals, while Tucker Greg finished with eight points, three steals and four assists as the Warriors rolled Thursday. Eastbrook’s statistics were not reported.
• Dalton Middle eighth-grade boys 42, East Ridge (Tenn.) 32: The Cougars (4-3) scored 17 points in the fourth quarter to run past East Ridge on Thursday. Harrison Norman scored 14 points to lead Dalton.
• New Hope seventh-grade girls 33, Valley Point 4: Sydney Horne led the Lady Kodiaks (3-1) with 15 points and Alaina Thompson had 10 in Friday’s win. Valley Point’s statistics were not reported.
• New Hope eighth-grade girls 60, Valley Point 7: Holly Heath scored 17 points and Kaitlyn Felker added 10 for the Lady Kodiaks (4-0). Valley Point’s statistics were not reported.
• Dalton Middle had 15 first-place finishes in 24 events and dominated the scoring places to take a 126-60 win over Heritage on Thursday at Dalton High School.
First-place finishers for the Dalton boys were Anthony Calderon (200 freestyle, 2:14.37), Raul Valdez (200 individual medley, 2:14.30; 100 backstroke, 59.09), Cade Gabriel (50 freestyle, 24.85; 100 freestyle, 58.61), Ross Valdez (100 butterfly, 1:03.95) and Jonathan Shaheen (500 freestyle, 5:33.93; 100 breastroke, 1:17.31). Dalton’s boys relay teams won in the 200 medley (Raul Valdez, Shaheen, Ross Valdez and Gabriel; 1:56.90), 400 freestyle (Gabriel, Calderon, Shaheen and Raul Valdez; 4:03.76) and the 200 freestyle (Calderon, Ross Davis, Ethan Carroll and Ross Valdez; 1:50.19).
First-place finishers for the Lady Cougars were Lindsey Mulkey (200 individual medley, 3:08.29) and Elle Lyles (100 butterfly, 1:16.03). Dalton’s girls relay teams won the 400 freestyle (Josephine Conley, Sumner Card, Mulkey and Lyles; 5:11.91).
Area middle school results are published on Mondays and Thursdays in The Daily Citizen. Coaches should send information to email@example.com, with the final score, outstanding performers, team’s win-loss record and date and location of the competition included in the report. Events that take place on Monday and Tuesday must be received by noon Wednesday for publication; events that take place on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday must be received by noon Sunday for publication. Events reported after the deadline or without complete information may not be published.