The seventh grade New Hope Lady Grizzlies started off the basketball season with a 44-4 drubbing of North Whitfield on Nov. 12 behind 10 points and four steals from Hallie Brooker.
Kaitlyn Felker added eight points, while Emma Faucett and Holly Heath scored seven points each and Faucett added five rebounds.
• The Dalton Middle seventh grade girls started the season 1-1, losing to Rome on Monday before topping Baylor on Tuesday.
In the 21-19 loss to Rome, Katelyn Skiffen led the Lady Cougars with six points. La’Sonia Dansby had five points to lead Dalton in a 13-9 victory over Baylor.
• Bagley girls 27, Gladden 15: Savannah Satterfield scored 10 and Shelby Satterfield added nine to lead the Lady Braves (1-0) to the victory over their county rivals on Thursday. Kate Ashe led the Lady Warriors with five points.
• Bagley boys 36, Gladden 27: Waylyn James led all scorers with 17 points to push the Braves to the win. Tucker Gregg ended with 14 for the Warriors.
• New Hope girls 43, North Whitfield 12: Bria Clemmons led the Lady Grizzlies with 12 points and four assists. Aubrey Young and Kylee Ward each scored nine points, and Ward led the team with six rebounds.
• New Hope boys 64, Ringgold 32: Will Blanchard, Michael Pipkin and Austin Tibbs all scored in double figures, and the Grizzlies led by 25 at halftime and were never threatened in the season-opening victory.
Blanchard had 15 points, while Pipkin and Tibbs scored 12 and 11 points, respectively.
• Bagley girls 40, Gladden 9: Madeline Crider and Kelli Barnes each had 11 points and Katelyn Crumbley added 10 in the season-opening victory for the Lady Braves. Kathryn Hill had six points for Gladden.
• Bagley boys 40, Gladden 19: Brody Frazier scored 10 points and Blake Davis added eight to lead the Braves to the win over the Warriors. Domminik Gemtempo was Gladden’s leading scorer with six points.
Area middle school results are published each Monday and Thursday in The Daily Citizen. Coaches should send results to email@example.com, with the final score, outstanding performers, team’s win-loss record and date and location of the competition included in the report.
Events that take place on Monday and Tuesday must be received by noon Wednesday for publication; events that take place on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday must be received by noon Sunday for publication. Events reported after the deadline or without complete information may not be published.