CHATSWORTH — Baseball
• Christian Heritage 10, White-field Academy 5: The Lions scored nine runs in the top of the seventh and stopped the Wolfpack’s rally in the bottom half of the inning to win a makeup game in Mableton.
Christian Heritage (9-7), which trailed 2-0 after one inning, scored its first run in the sixth before getting the rest in the seventh. Whitefield Academy scored three runs in the seventh before reliever Spencer Robbins closed out the win for the Lions.
Robbins came on in relief of starter Michael McKinney after he gave up back-to-back doubles to start the seventh. McKinney picked up the win after allowing four runs (three earned) on nine hits while striking out six.
Brady Souther went 4-for-4 with a pair of RBIs to lead Christian Heri-tage’s offensive attack, while Chase Tidwell was 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs, Jake Stokes was 2-for-4 with two RBIs and Tre Mason had a two-run double.
“We had put it in play all day, we just kind of hit it at them,” Christian Heritage coach Noah Stokes said. “But it was good to finally break through.”
• Christian Heritage boys 5, Excel Christian 0: The Lions picked up their first Sub-region 6A-A victory of the season in their final chance, improving to 3-4 overall and 1-4 in the league with their win in Cartersville.
Christian Heritage got singles wins from No. 1 Phillip McClure, 7-5, 7-5, No. 2 Evan Townsend, 3-6, 6-3, 10-6, and No. 3 Devin Sanders, 6-2, 6-1, plus doubles wins from No. 1 Brian Pierce and Samuel Pippin, 6-0, 6-2, and No. 2 Austin Lowe and Harrison Kranzlein, 1-6, 6-4, 10-7.
• Excel Christian girls 4, Christian Heritage 1: Sarah Pippin’s 6-4, 6-1 win at No. 3 singles was the lone victory for the visiting Lady Lions (3-4, 1-4 Sub-region 6A-A) as they lost their final league match of the regular season. Christian Heritage will take on a to-be-determined opponent Monday in a play-in match to earn a spot in the Region 6-A tournament, which starts next Tuesday at Darlington.
• North Murray did not report results from Monday’s scheduled boys and girls matches with Sonoraville by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• Results from two scheduled boys and girls matches involving local schools — Coahulla Creek versus North Murray at Indian Trace in Chatsworth and Murray County versus Model at Callier Springs Country Club in Rome — were not reported by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.