• North Murray girls 145, Dalton 161: Jocelyn Blair’s 7-over-par 43 took medalist honors and led the Lady Mountaineers to the nine-hole victory at Indian Trace in Chatsworth.
Tillie Hughes (47) and Hali Sheram (55) also scored for North Murray, while Dalton got counting rounds from Hannah Thomas (53), Baylee Mitchell (54) and Lindsey Parker (54).
• North Murray boys 2, Cartersville 1: Alexis Solorzano put the Mountaineers ahead, and Manuel Gonzalez made sure it was for good.
North Murray (7-1, 7-0 Region 5-3A) stayed atop the region standings by passing a tough test against the visiting Purple Hurricanes, who are ranked ninth in eurosportscoreboard.com’s Class 3A poll.
Freddy Urbina set up Solorzano’s go-ahead goal in the 60th minute — the score was tied 1-all at halftime — and Gonzalez, who finished the night with six saves, earned Mountaineers coach Matt Chambers with his performance the rest of the way.
“He made some key saves the last 10 minutes of the game, when they were pushing everybody up,” Chambers said. “So it was pretty impressive. He stepped up and kept it clean for us.”
The Mountaineers took the lead less than four minutes into the match when Raul Rodriguez assisted on Jacob Dotson’s strike. However, Cartersville responded by converting a corner kick in the 24th minute.
But the second half — and the win — belonged to North Murray.
“The record’s good and we’re going good,” Chambers said. “The big thing we’re always talking about is working together as a team and finishing as a team, and we’re definitely doing that more and more every game.”
• Southeast boys 5, Boyd-Buchanan 0: Byron Miranda recorded a hat trick for the Raiders (4-1), who led 1-0 at halftime before pulling away in the final 40 minutes.
Jorge Hurtado and David Gonzalez each scored once, while Marcus Arredondo, Christian Saenz and Erik Salaises each had one assist and Alex Rosillo had two. Abel Mendiola and Cruz Ruiz combined in goal to record the shutout.
• Coahulla Creek boys 5, Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe 1: Pedro Garcia recorded a hat trick — scoring in the second, 34th and 36th minutes — and the Colts (6-3-1) moved to 4-2 in Region 5-3A play.
Eddie Serrato and Irwin Rivera each had one goal. Coahulla Creek goalkeeper Missa Fraire made five saves.
• LFO girls 3, Coahulla Creek 0: Melissa Cabrera made 13 saves for the Lady Colts (1-9, 0-6 Region 5-3A), who kept the Lady Warriors scoreless for the first half.
• Cartersville girls 3, North Murray 0: Amber Bandy was busy in goal for the Lady Mountaineers (0-6, 0-6 Region 5-3A), finishing with a 17-save performance that included stopping a penalty kick.
North Murray managed just three shots on goal.
• Calhoun girls 10, Morris Innovative 0: The Lady Tigers (0-9, 0-8 Region 7-2A) remained winless in their first season of action.
• Calhoun boys 8, Morris 0: The Tigers (4-5, 3-5 Region 7-2A) fell below .500 with the home loss.
• Southeast JV boys 6, Boyd-Buchanan 0: Christian Gonzalez scored twice, while Ronaldo Sandate, Rodalfo Flores, Rafael Garcia and Jonathan Sanchez each scored once for the Raiders (4-0).
Gonzalez and Jose L. Hurtado each had two assists. Flores and Sanchez each had one assist.
• Northwest JV boys 5, Heritage-Catoosa 0: David Paz scored and assisted on another goal to lead the way for the Bruins (4-1), while Rigo Martinez made three saves in goal to secure his fourth straight shutout.
Xavier Lasontaine, Juan Navarro, Ivan Velazques and Luis Velazques also scored for Northwest.