From Staff Reports
Westside Middle School’s eighth-grade boys basketball team beat Bagley 52-26 at home on Monday to remain undefeated through nine games.
Luke Shiflett led the way with 13 points, while Greer Threadgill added 12 in a dominant effort for the Rockets, who led 29-6 at halftime and 43-13 entering the final period.
Bagley (7-2) was led by Waylyn James, who finished with seven points, while Jariel Figueroa added six.
• Westside seventh-grade boys 30, Bagley 29: Bailey Shultz scored six points to pace the Rockets (2-7), who trailed 8-7 after the first quarter but led 17-15 at halftime and 22-17 entering the final period of Monday’s home win.
Emory Ware scored a game-high 10 points to lead Bagley (3-6), while Kenneth Hamlin added nine and Spencer Perdue finished with six.
• Westside eighth-grade girls 26, Bagley 8: The Lady Rockets used a 10-point third quarter to pull away in Monday’s road win.
No single Bagley (6-3) player had more than two points. Westside did not report statistics.
• Westside seventh-grade girls 26, Bagley 21: The Lady Rockets led 18-7 at halftime and held on for Monday’s win in Chatsworth.
Sarah Plemons had 12 points to lead the Lady Braves (6-3). Westside did not report statistics.
• Baylor eighth-grade boys 60, Dalton 29: Aaron Fraire had a team-best eight points as the Cougars (5-8) lost at home on Tuesday.
• Baylor seventh-grade boys 54, Dalton 20: Jamal Macon and Sam Carlson each scored six points to lead the Cougars (2-7) in Tuesday’s loss at home.
• Rome eighth-grade boys 66, Dalton 43: Zach Gentry led Dalton with 18 points, while Harrison Norman added 15 in Monday’s road loss.
• Rome seventh-grade boys 41, Dalton 20: Will Rowland led Dalton with six points in Monday’s road loss.
• Dalton eighth-grade girls 30, Rome 23: Katelyn Skiffen had nine points to lead the Lady Cougars (4-6) in Tuesday’s win.
• Dalton seventh-grade girls 37, Rome 15: Lauren Parker’s 16-point effort paced the Lady Cougars (8-1) as they won Tuesday, while McCall Maret added seven points.
• Dalton seventh-grade girls 38, Rome 26: The Lady Cougars also beat Rome on Monday, getting 15 points from Maret and 12 points from Parker.
• Valley Point eighth-grade boys 36, New Hope 27: David Wilcox’s 10-point effort paced the Green Waves in Monday’s win, while Porter Johnson and Andrew Sowder each finished with eight points and Harrison Hughes chipped in six. New Hope did not report statistics.
• New Hope seventh-grade boys 28, Valley Point 16: Austin Davis and Martin Deharo each had five points to lead the Green Waves in Monday’s loss. New Hope did not report statistics.
• New Hope eighth-grade girls 45, Valley Point 7: Maggie Linder scored 14 points as the Lady Kodiaks improved to 10-0 with Monday’s home win. Holly Heath and Rylee Maret each chipped in eight points for New Hope. Valley Point did not report statistics.
• New Hope seventh-grade girls 38, Valley Point 6: Alaina Thompson’s 14-point performance led the Lady Kodiaks (6-3), while Sydney Horne had 11 points in Monday’s home win. Valley Point did not report statistics.
• Gladden eighth-grade girls 40, Eastbrook 25: Kasey Beavers scored 14 points and had four blocks, three rebounds, three assists and one steal as the Lady Warriors won at home on Monday.
Ana Trejo added nine points, four rebounds and two steals for Gladden, while Ali Ausmus had eight points, two rebounds and two steals and Katie Ashe chipped in seven points, six steals, four assists and four rebounds. Bailey Smith grabbed a team-best eight rebounds. Eastbrook did not report statistics.
• Gladden seventh-grade girls 24, Eastbrook 5: Camlyn Humble had 10 points to lead the Lady Warriors to Monday’s home win. Eastbrook did not report statistics.
• Eastbrook swept duals competition at home on Tuesday, beating Dalton 42-38 and Westside 52-28.
Double winners for the host Mustangs were Joshua Harrison (72 pounds), Daniel Ruiz (78), Sinaloa Verdugo (94), Tristan Kelley (100), Emonal Ponce (108), Colby Bates (140) and Antonio Fraire (165).
Chase Guinn (86), Luis Rosas (123) and Adrian Garcia (130) also won for Eastbrook against Westside.
Dalton’s winners against Eastbrook were Jaxon Wells (86), Sergio Alvarez (115), Jorge Arevalo (123), Roger Quintero (130), Noah Barton (154), Eddie Valez (180), Caled Rogers (220) and Ivan Calderan (275).
Westside’s winners against Eastbrook were Chase Faucett (115), Bryan Eades (154), Sidney Keith (180) and Matthew Keith (275).
Results from Dalton versus Westside were not reported.
Area middle school results are published on Mondays and Thursdays in The Daily Citizen. Coaches should send information to email@example.com with the final score, outstanding performers, team’s overall and league win-loss record (if applicable) and date and location of the competition included in the report. Events that take place on Monday and Tuesday must be received by noon Wednesday for publication; events that take place on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday must be received by noon Sunday for publication. Events reported after the deadline or without complete information may not be published.