From Staff Reports
Martin Garcia had a goal and two assists to help lead Coahulla Creek’s boys soccer team to a 7-1 victory in Region 5-3A play Thursday night at Gordon Central.
Garcia was one of seven players who scored for the Colts (2-0, 1-0) — Jo-An Barcenas, Sadoth Fraire, Manuel Morales, Irwin Rivera, Adrian Rodriguez and Eddie Seratto were the others — and one of two players with a pair of assists. Pedro Garcia also had two assists.
Baley Jones and Rodriguez each contributed one assist, while Missael Fraire recorded six saves in goal.
• Coahulla Creek girls 2, Gordon Central 1: Regina Pacheco scored both goals for the Lady Colts (1-1, 1-0), one in each half, and Melissa Cabrera made 17 saves to help the one-goal lead hold up on the road.
Ella Triplett had the assist as Pacheco staked Coahulla Creek to a 1-0 lead in the first half. Gordon Central responded to send the game into halftime tied at 1, but Pacheco put the Lady Colts ahead for good in the second half.
• Christian Heritage girls 1, North Murray 0: Jordan Suddath scored a goal midway through the first half and the Christian Heritage defense took care of the rest as the Lady Lions won a scrimmage in Chatsworth.
Christian Heritage had just four shots on goal, but Suddath made hers count. Lady Lions goalkeeper Sarah Massengale finished with eight saves, and Molly Crawford and Ransley Ford helped key the defensive effort.
North Murray did not report statistics by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• Christian Heritage 9, North Murray 6: Ian Robbins was 2-for-4 with a pair of runs scored as the Lions won their season opener in Chatsworth.
Chase Tidwell had a double and drove in a pair of runs for Christian Heritage in a game that was muddy and error-filled. Tyson Cooper had a double and a run scored, while pitcher Spencer Robbins went four innings and allowed three hits and struck out four to earn the victory.
Dakota Rhoden had a triple and Blake Davis drove in a run for North Murray (0-2), which was hurt by six errors.
• Christian Heritage junior varsity 7, North Murray 2: Jantzen Smith had a three-run homer in the second inning and Jonathan Lewallen was the winning pitcher for the Lions (1-0).
• Southeast Whitfield did not report results from Thursday’s scheduled season opener at Calhoun by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.