• Morris Innovative boys 4, Dade County 2: Jonathan Herrera scored two goals in the second half, and the Tigers’ defense kept Dade County at bay for much of the night while earning a Region 7-2A win in Trenton.
Elmer Hernandez scored in the fourth minute of the game, and Eduardo Padilla put the Tigers up 2-1 late in the first half.
Along with Herrera’s goals in the second half, the Tigers (2-1, 2-1) allowed an own goal but Tigers keeper David Machuca faced few shots.
Assists for Morris Innovative came from Herrera, Hernandez, David Solis and Ramiro Galindo.
• Dade County girls 6, Morris Innovative 0: The Lady Tigers (0-3, 0-3) held Dade County scoreless in the second half of the Region 7-2A contest.
• Southeast Whitfield girls 4, Gilmer 2 (OT): Maria Qujano had a pair of goals in regulation, while Sydney Covington scored both of the goals in the extra period to lead the Lady Raiders in their season opener at home.
n Information on Southeast’s boys match with visiting Gilmer was not reported by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• Excel Christian boys 4, Christian Heritage 2: Hutch Crawford had a goal and an assist for the Lions, but Excel took the Region 6-A victory in Dalton.
Kameron Hawkins had the other goal for Christian Heritage (0-2, 0-2).
• Northwest Whitfield girls 7, Christian Heritage 2: Jordan Suddath scored both goals unassisted for the visiting Lady Lions (0-2), who were outshot 23-4 in the game and got 18 saves from keeper Sarah Massengale.
Northwest did not report its statistics by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• Dalton junior varsity boys 2, Allatoona 0: Diego Sanchez and Jesus Huitanda each scored a goal, while Jose Boyzo and Jimmy Cano each had assists as Dalton (3-0) outshot the host Buccaneers 17-2.
• Heritage junior varsity boys 4, Northwest 3: Daniel Gomez, Manuel Zapata and Willie Rodriguez scored for the Bruins (1-1), while Enzo Lavecchia, Xavier LaFontane and Juan Navarro had assists.