• Northwest boys 1, Southeast 0: The visiting Bruins (5-3-3) exacted revenge from an earlier meeting with the Raiders (8-2-1) and bounced back from a sub-region loss earlier this week.
David Franco converted a penalty kick with about 20 minutes left to put Northwest ahead, and Southeast was unable to tie.
Northwest finished with eight shots on goal and goalkeeper Jose Marquez made two saves on Southeast’s nine shots.
“We really only had a couple quality chances,” Northwest coach Ryan Scoggins said. “It was one of those games where you have to appreciate quality defending. ... Going forward, defense needs to be our emphasis.”
On Tuesday, Northwest lost 4-2 in a Sub-region 7B-4A match with Heritage-Catoosa — something Scoggins called the “low point of the season.” Winning against Southeast, which beat the Bruins 4-1 in Sub-region 7B-4A play on Feb. 28 in Tunnel Hill, is a boost for Northwest, Scoggins said.
• Northwest girls 1, Southeast 0: Cynthia Coronel scored the lone goal in the second half on Vanessa Lara’s assist.
“The girls played great,” Northwest coach Melissa Torbett said. “They played really well. We just had trouble finishing.”
The visiting Lady Bruins (8-2) took 22 shots to the Lady Raiders’ two. Northwest goalkeeper Gracie Holmes made two saves, while Southeast (2-6) goalkeeper Sydney Covington made seven saves.
“It was basically the same game we played at Northwest,” Southeast coach Mark Parsons said. “It was a close, defensive game.”
• Calhoun boys 2, Murray County 0: Roberto Zuniga made three saves for Murray County (7-2, 7-2 Region 7-2A), which gave up both goals to the visiting Yellow Jackets early in the second half.
“I think once they scored,” Murray County coach Marco Burgueno said, “they became motivated.”
• Calhoun girls 7, Murray County 0: The host Lady Indians (4-5, 4-5 Region 7-2A) trailed 2-0 at halftime despite missing five starters due to injuries, coach Mandy Ledford said.
Halen Thomas made 17 saves in her 60 minutes at goalkeeper for Murray County, while Paxton Dolly played for the final 20 minutes.
• North Murray boys 4, Ringgold 0: Neto Rodriguez scored on a rebound off a penalty kick in the first half for the visiting Mountaineers (7-1, 7-1 Region 5-3A).
Victor Iturbero scored the second goal, while Arturo Garcia scored the third goal off an assist from Javier Alsaro, who scored the final goal. Manuel Gonzalez made three saves for the Mountaineers.
• Ringgold girls 2, North Murray 0: Amber Bandy made 12 saves for the Lady Mountaineers (2-6, 2-6 Region 5-3A), who trailed 1-0 at halftime
Track and field
• Results from Coahulla Creek’s home meet with Calhoun and Ringgold were not reported by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.