• Mt. Juliet (Tenn.) 2, Northwest Whitfield 1: Seth Pierce’s complete game on the mound was spoiled by an offense that managed just three hits in the Scenic City Classic tournament in Chattanooga.
Playing at Baylor School, Pierce gave up a pair of earned runs in the bottom of the second and faced the minimum the rest of the way. The sophomore gave up five hits and had five strikeouts in six innings of work, and he didn’t have a single three-ball count in the game.
Northwest (3-2) scored in the first, with Brandon Smith reaching on an error and going to second on the play to get the inning started. Brady Middleton followed with a bunt single and Diego Peralta — who was the only Bruin with two hits — had an infield single to the hole at second to drive Smith in.
• Pickens 6, Coahulla Creek 5: The Colts (2-5) led 5-2 after five innings but allowed two runs in both the sixth and seventh as they lost on the road.
Blake Phillips started on the mound, pitching three innings with just one hit and two walks allowed. He struck out five and only allowed one earned run.
After Erick Dominguez pitched 2 1/3 innings, Danny Stavrow pitched the final 1 1/3. He didn’t allow a hit, walked two, struck out two and gave up two unearned runs.
Michael Ward was 2-for-3 with a triple and three RBIs, while Patrick Malone added a hit and an RBI.
• Calhoun 15, Murray County 0, five innings: Murray County (0-4, 0-2 Region 7-2A) had six hits and committed just a single error in losing to the host Yellow Jackets. Calhoun had 17 hits in the run-rule shortened contest, and Nick Stiles was 2-for-3 at the plate for the Indians.
• Northwest Whitfield girls 3, Gordon Lee 2: The Lady Bruins (4-2) swept doubles matches and Sara Richards won 8-0 in pro-set play at No. 3 singles to give her team the close victory. No. 1 Alli Wagner and Sydney Wagner teamed up for an 8-2 win, while No. 2 Halley Henderson and Valerie White won 8-4.
• Northwest Whitfield boys 3, Gordon Lee 2: A pair of forfeits at No. 3 singles and No. 2 doubles allowed the Bruins (3-3) to even their record. No. 1 Thomas Blackwell and Chris Brown won 8-1, while No. 3 Lane Watson took a forfeit in singles play and No. 2 Blake Frankenberger and Cody Bourff won by forfeit.
• Heritage-Catoosa boys 3, Southeast 2: The Raiders (0-3, 0-3 Sub-region 7B-4A) got a singles win from No. 2 Ben Lopez, 7-5, 6-3, and No. 2 Jorge Ruedas and Trey Weaver, 6-2, 7-6 (9-7).
• Heritage-Catoosa girls 4, Southeast 1: Daisy Maya won 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 at No. 2 singles to take the lone victory for the Lady Raiders (0-3, 0-3 Sub-region 7B-4A).
• Sonoraville boys 3, Coahulla Creek 2: The Colts (6-3, 6-3 Region 5-3A) got singles victories from No. 1 Chase Lynch, 6-3, 6-7 (3-7), 6-4, and No. 2 Jake Mathis, 6-1, 6-1.
• Sonoraville girls 3, Coahulla Creek 2: Erin Orem won at No. 1 singles, 6-3, 6-3, and the No. 1 doubles team of Madison Zerbe and Hannah Locke won 6-2, 6-3 for the Lady Colts (4-5, 4-5 Region 5-3A).
• Dalton JV girls 5, Northwest 0: Chandler Renz (8-3), Shelby Fromm (8-0) and Katherine Clifford (8-0) all won in singles for Dalton (7-3), while Michelle Rogers and Kate Adams won 8-2 and Morgan Coker and Nathaly Trujillo won 8-0 in doubles action.
• Dalton JV boys 5, Northwest 0: Dalton (8-2) got singles wins from Robert Enck (8-1), Peter Sigmon (8-2) and Patrick Hayes (8-0). In doubles action, Jake Myers and Warner Braun won 8-0, while Evan Pope and Robert Hardaway won 8-3.
• Results from North Murray’s match with Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe and Murray County’s matches with Calhoun and Chattooga were not reported by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.