TUNNEL HILL —
Tre Mason was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles, Michael McKinney was 2-for-3 with a two-run home run and Chase Tidwell was 2-for-4 with a double.
Brady Souther picked up the complete-game win — the game was shortened to five innings by the run rule — on the mound, allowing no earned runs on three hits and a walk while striking out six.
• Ringgold 9, Dalton 2: Grant Sane continued his hot start to the season, but his 2-for-3 day wasn’t enough for the Catamounts (1-4) in the non-region road loss.
Sane, who drove in a run, had half of Dalton’s hits. Jake Roberts had a double and Caleb Hill had the other RBI. Will Erwin took the loss on the hill, hurt by six errors that led to four unearned runs.
• Calhoun 13, Coahulla Creek 0: The Yellow Jackets hit the ball plenty and the Colts had trouble fielding it — they committed six errors — making for a less than pleasant road trip for Coahulla Creek (1-4).
Tucker Sheram worked the first three innings on the mound — the game was cut short by the run rule — allowing 13 runs (five earned) on 12 hits with two strikeouts and no walks. Calhoun led 1-0 entering the third inning, when it struck for the rest of its runs. Erick Dominguez pitched the final inning for the Colts, striking out one.
Danny Stavrow went 2-for-2 to lead the Colts at the plate, while Scout Plott and Zack Glines each had a double.
• Ridgeland 16, Murray County 4: The Indians (0-3) scored their first runs of the year, but it wasn’t enough on the road in Rossville in a non-region contest.
• Northwest JV 12, North Murray 2: Aaron Ball was 2-for-2 with a pair of RBIs and Caleb Shiflett and Jack Creswell combined for the win on the mound for the Bruins (2-0).
• Calhoun JV 4, Coahulla Creek 2: The Colts (0-3) were held to two hits in the road loss.