From Staff Reports
Bria Clemmons and Kylee Ward each scored 10 points to lead New Hope’s eighth-grade girls basketball team in Monday’s 28-19 win against visiting Westside.
The Lady Kodiaks remained undefeated through 17 games with the victory versus the Lady Rockets, who were led by Alyssa Ward (seven points) and Henley Brueckner (six points).
• New Hope seventh-grade girls 36, Westside 15: The younger Lady Kodiaks also remained perfect, picking up their 16th win of the season Monday at home.
Leading scorers for New Hope were Ivy Harwood (nine points), Holly Heath (eight), Maggie Linder (seven) and Hallie Brooker (six). Jolene Gale had five points to lead Westside.
• Westside eighth-grade boys 46, New Hope 33: The Rockets improved to 9-3 overall and 9-0 in North Georgia Middle School Athletic League play with Monday’s road win. Individual statistics were not reported.
• Westside seventh-grade boys 52, New Hope 21: The Rockets improved to 9-4 overall and 8-1 in NGMSAL competition with Monday’s road win. Individual statistics were not reported.
• North Whitfield eighth-grade girls 37, Gladden 17: Kathryn Hill and Jessica Neal each had four points to lead the way among six different scorers for Gladden in Monday’s loss on the road. North Whitfield’s statistics were not reported.
• Gladden seventh-grade girls 30, North Whitfield 20: Ali Ausmus’ 11-point performance paced the Lady Warriors in Monday’s road win, while Casey Beavers added seven points and Ana Trejo finished with six.
North Whitfield’s statistics were not reported.
• Bagley eighth-grade boys 39, Valley Point 28: Brody Frazier erupted for 21 points as the host Braves won Monday.
Trey Jackson added six points for Bagley, which improved to 6-3 in league play.
Keaton McCutchen had 12 points and Wesley Hagan chipped in 11 for Valley Point.
• Bagley seventh-grade boys 47, Valley Point 31: Waylyn James scored 13 points and Braedon Bond added 12 for the Braves in Monday’s win at home.
Jordan Pacheco chipped in seven for Bagley, which improved to 7-2 in league play.
Harrison Hughes led Valley Point with 11 points, while Andrew Sowder had nine.
• Bagley eighth-grade girls 35, Valley Point 17: Katleyn Crumbley’s 15-point performance highlighted Bagley’s road win on Monday, while Kelli Barnes added eight for the Lady Braves, who improved to 7-2 in league play.
Madison Pearson’s five points topped the list for Valley Point.
• Bagley seventh-grade girls 42, Valley Point 13: August Miles had 13 points as the Lady Braves rolled on the road Monday to improve to 7-2 in league play.
Savannah Satterfield and Shelby Satterfield each added eight points for Bagley, while Tisha Sexton chipped in seven.
Valley Point’s individual statistics were not reported.
Area middle school results are published each Monday and Thursday in The Daily Citizen. Coaches should send information to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the final score, outstanding performers, team’s win-loss record and date and location of the competition included in the report.
Events that take place on Monday and Tuesday must be received by noon Wednesday for publication; events that take place on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday must be received by noon Sunday for publication. Events reported after the deadline or without complete information may not be published.