• Allen Behr, Dalton: Only a sophomore, Behr’s season tailed off a bit at the end — he was fighting strep throat at the Region 7-4A tournament and wound up not counting toward the Catamounts’ team total — although he did have counting rounds at both the Class 4A sectional and state tournaments. However, he led the way for Dalton much of the season and was the team’s No. 1 golfer in every tournament but one during the regular season and averaged an 18-hole score of 78.75 for the year. His best round was a 3-under-par 69 that helped him earn all-tournament honors at the Indian Invitational in Vidalia. This is his first all-area selection.
• Blake Carver, Christian Heritage: A four-year varsity starter for the Lions, Carver finished 10th at the Area 4-A tournament and was one stroke shy of earning a place in the Class A sectional as the region’s lowest-scoring golfer not on a team qualifying for the sectional or state tournament. He was chosen the Lions MVP this season and selected to represent the North team in the Georgia High School Golf Coaches Association’s Senior All-Star tournament. This is his first all-area selection after earning honorable mention as a freshman and sophomore.
• Ethan Hayes, Northwest Whitfield: Although the Bruins didn’t have the team success they would have liked this year, Hayes stood out as an individual and kept his season going all the way to the end, advancing through the postseason as an individual. With a scoring average of 79 for the year, he earned all-tournament honors at both the Fields Ferry Invitational and the Region 7-4A tournament, where he shot a 2-over-par 74 and lost a three-way playoff for medalist honors. He shot a 78 at the Class 4A sectional to advance to state, where his 78 was good for a top-20 finish. This is his first all-area selection after earning honorable mention a year ago.
• Landon Hicks, Dalton: Hicks is another sophomore whose potential shown in 2014 makes the Catamounts’ future seem promising. A contributor all year long, he saved his best golf for the postseason. He had the team’s low round in both the Region 7-4A tournament at Nob North, shooting a 78, and the Class 4A state tournament at Westlake Country Club in Martinez, shooting a 79. He helped the Cats — who finished first at the Class 4A sectional to advance to state — finish third and ninth at those tournaments. This is his first all-area selection.
• Honorable mention: Christian Heritage — Kyle Stanley (Jr.); Dalton — Jacob Brown (Sr.), Davis Kirk (Fr.).