Kately Crumbley scored a game-high 13 points and Kelli Barnes added 10 as Bagley’s eighth-grade girls took a 29-20 win over Valley Point on Thursday night.
After leading 12-11 at the end of the first half, Gladden held Valley Point to just nine points in the second half to take the victory. The Lady Braves improved to 3-1 on the year with the win.
• North Whitfield boys 38, Gladden 31: Tyler Richardson scored 20 points for the Warriors, but it wasn’t enough to overcome the Pioneers. North Whitfield did not report statistics from Thursday’s contest.
• Valley Point boys 35, Bagley 34: Keaton McCutchon scored 17 points and hit the go-ahead shot with 4.7 seconds remaining to lead the Green Waves (3-1) to the victory. Wesley Hagan added eight points for Valley Point.
Brody Frazier scored 13 points to lead Bagley (2-2).
• New Hope girls 26, Westside 6: Bria Clemmons scored nine points and Robin Bryant added eight as the Lady Kodiaks (7-0) rolled to the easy win. Aubrey Young finished with six points.
• Bagley girls 43, Valley Point 6: Savannah Satterfield scored 16 points to lead the Lady Braves (3-1) to the easy win. Tisha Sexton added 12 points for Bagley.
• Bagley boys 38, Valley Point 33: Waylyn James and Braedon Bond combined for 26 points as Bagley (3-1) won over the Green Waves (2-1). James finished with 14 points to lead all scorers, while Bond added 12. Harrison Hughes led Valley Point with 12 points.
• North Whitfield boys 25, Gladden 18: Tucker Gregg led Gladden with 10 points in the loss to the Pioneers.
• New Hope girls 35, Westside 21: Holly Heath led all scorers with 18 points as the Lady Kodiaks improved to 6-0 on the year. Jolene Game led Westside with seven points.
Area middle school results are published each Monday and Thursday in The Daily Citizen. Coaches should send results to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the final score, outstanding performers, team’s win-loss record and date and location of the competition included in the report.
Events that take place on Monday and Tuesday must be received by noon Wednesday for publication; events that take place on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday must be received by noon Sunday for publication. Events reported after the deadline or without complete information may not be published.