The Daily Citizen
Add your news
• If you have a tournament, registration, camp, meeting, tryout or other local sports event you’d like to have listed, we will include it at no cost in our Local Sports Calendar, which publishes every Sunday in The Daily Citizen. The calendar is also posted at daltonnow.com/sportscalendar. To be included, information must be submitted by noon on Friday. Send the details of your announcement to email@example.com.
Clubs, teams, leagues
• Proformance Sports Academy will host tryouts for Team Rawlings baseball. Players for the 7-and-under team through the 13-and-under team will have tryouts at 9 a.m. Saturday at Dug Gap baseball fields. Players for the 14-and-under team through the 18-and-under team will have tryouts at 1 p.m. on Aug. 3 at Dalton High School. The cost to try out is $35, and all proceeds go to the Miracle Field of Whitfield County. To register, go online to proformancesportsacademy.com. To learn more, call (706) 537-3169.
• Registration is open through Aug. 16 for the Whitfield County Recreation Department’s upcoming youth football and cheerleading seasons for boys and girls ages 5-12. The age control date is Sept. 1, the cost is $25 and registration is available online at playwcrd.com anytime or from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the WCRD office at 136 Gillespie Drive. To learn more, call (706) 226-8341.
• The annual Georgia Sheriffs’ Youth Homes Golf Tournament, sponsored by host Indian Trace Golf Course in Murray County, is scheduled for Aug. 22, with shotgun starts at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. The tournament will benefit Cherokee Estates Girls Home in Whitfield County and MountainView Boys Home in Murray County. The cost is $450 per team and includes lunch, one mulligan and one swing from red tees per golfer. Players can purchase one additional mulligan each for $10. Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams. Tournament and hole sponsorships are available. To learn more, call (706) 259-8581 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Registration for First Kids fall soccer (ages 4-9) is underway at the First Baptist Church in Dalton. Forms are available in the church’s family life center. To learn more, call (706) 278-2076 or write to email@example.com.
• The Attack athletic training center in Tunnel Hill will host a youth football camp for kindergartners through eighth-graders Monday through Friday (10:30 a.m. to noon each day) and Aug. 4-8 (from 5 to 6 p.m. each day). This camp is designed to prepare players to be accustomed to heat and in shape for their first practice with their recreation league or middle school team. To learn more about this and other football training offered by the facility, call (706) 483-7246 or (706) 581-2350 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.