Eastbrook’s boys team earned a 2-0 win Thursday against New Hope at the Kodiaks’ field.
Adrian Garcia scored Eastbrook’s first goal after his initial shot hit the goal post but got to the rebound first and finished the play. In the second half, he was fouled and Rivaldo Sandate converted the free kick from 30 yards.
New Hope only managed one shot against Eastbrook’s defense, led by goalkeeper Jose Santizo. Eastbrook is 5-1 overall and 5-0 in league play.
New Hope coaches did not report individual statistics by The Daily Citizen’s deadline.
• Eastbrook girls 0, New Hope 0: Both teams’ defenses dominated the match Thursday at New Hope’s field.
Ally Chavez earned the shutout in goal for Eastbrook (5-0-2), which plays North Whitfield today with first place in the league up for grabs.
• Eastbrook girls 7, Christian Heritage 1: The Lady Mustangs held a 5-0 halftime lead and won at home.
Ester Paniagua scored five times for the hosts, and Ebony McDermott and Bryannie Commacho each scored once.
• Christian Heritage 13, Tennessee Christian Preparatory School 3: The Lions scored eight runs through the first three innings to win at home.
Jack Ridley drove in the first run and Nick Hagin’s RBI groundout and Christian Humphrey’s RBI single followed in the second inning. Zach Gentry also added a two-run single in the second inning.
Humphrey only allowed one hit and no earned runs during his three innings. He struck out six batters.
• Christian Heritage 5, Chattanooga Christian 3: Gentry earned the win for the Lions, pitching four innings and allowing three runs from four hits and two walks while striking out six. Jack Ridley went 3-for-3 with a double, and Cade Vice added two hits.
Jaret Staten earned the save for Christian Heritage.
• Dalton boys 169, McCallie 171: The Catamounts earned the win Wednesday at Dalton Golf and Country Club with Jackson Quarles’ 39 leading the way.
Davis Smith (41), Carter Pendley (41) and Tal Martin (48) also scored for Dalton.